Friday, March 28, 2008

Final words from the January-March 2008 trip...almost

March 24, 2008
11:50 pm
In the airport. I feel like I'm not going home to stay, rather for a visit. I'm coming back in 6 weeks, which is reassuring and happy.
I just...don't want to leave. If they call.ask for people to bump-- I'll take it. I will take it.
Talked to Eden- she's doing a night shift on an ata"n; she's working with Shya, actually.

March 25, 2008
4:43 am, NYC time
It really feels like I'm just coming back to NYC for a visit.
I can't believe how much I already miss Israel. It's better knowing I'm going back in 6 weeks, but I miss it already. And MDA.
I called Shloime from the airport, because he's the only one that leaves regularly-- got some weird message, so I sent him a text and he called me back- and-- not that helpful. But he said that I'll miss it and good stuff will happen on the shifts that I'd be there.
I don't mind going home. I like it, and I can't wait to see everybody.
I just hope that when I come back to Israel next time I'll be able to leave, not knowing when my next time there will be.
Although, apparently the nearest MDA station is Petach Tikva, which is good to know. And I know people who work there, which is even better.
I think next time I want to do at least a shift or two at stations besides Jerusalem. Ryan wants me to do a shift in Nazareth, and I want to do a shift in Ashdod; I want to find out how Te Aviv is from Eden-- oh, wait, I can just ask Kaufy to do a shift with him. I'm so excited to go back!
Oh, I have to-- (yeah, I don't remember what I was going to write here)
6:54 am
Plane is landing in a few. I should be more excited to be back, but really-- I just want to be back in Israel. I'm excited to see my family and friends, but I don't care about being back in NY.

No comments:

Post a Comment